Wednesday 1 August 2012

Trail of Crumbs

I'm in the kitchen, staring at the oven. Meditating. Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Russell Simmons is always trying to convince me on Twitter, to meditate. Well? Not me, me directly, but he tweets a lot about meditating, so? Figured, what better time to do that! Than when I have a pie in the oven, you know?

The way that the top of the pastry browns in reaction to the heat of the top...red hot things. Those things that get hot and red?!? What are they called? Elements? Hot rods? IIIII dunnnnno! Ag, that just totally killed my attempt at setting the mood in the oven! Damn! I shoulda googled it first! But in myyy defence? I didn't know that I'd be talking about my oven. Either way?

The aroma of the steak and mushrooms bubbling between the baking pastry?! M-m-MM! A meditators paradise! Do you know what I've just realized? Ooooooh man! NOW I know why Russell is always talking about meditating! It's just helped me with a very important realization! I'll never be able to hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm in the kitchen! 'Cause thennnnnn?!?!? What happens?

Lindsie walks into the kitchen...seeming a wee bit more than a little nervous! She asked me, "What you baking?" You know? I. JUST. Do not. Understand!!!? Your choc-chip cookie's fight back ONNNNNE TIME and then all of a sudden? Throats begin to quiver when they hear your oven on?!? Randyl was like, "Maaaaaaaaah? Is that rain!" O_o! She's sitting there in a neck brace! I kindly shyed away from sarcasm. Even I know that it's rude to be sarcastic to someone with a pulled muscle.

Hold on a minute...it's ready! Lemme take it out quick so that it doesn't go from golden brown to pitch black and then a certain reputation for being a hazard in the oven, doesn't precede me. I'm really not. But nobody FORGETS the mistakes you make!!! Okay okaY........coming back!

I'm back! But?!? Onnnnnne time! Plus I ruined those cookies with absolute confidence! That's gotta count for something but neoooooooooh! The confidence part? Comp-a-leetely forgotten! Yet, a bowl full of crumbs that we all had to take turns scraping off of the oven tray? Cemented in the minds of the witnesses! My head's shaking on it's very own. That's? That's just unnerving!

And I'm back A-again! You don't even know that about two hours have passed since my head self-shook!

I'm pleased to report that everybody in the house is alive and well! There wasn't a need to summons the scraping tool-packing masses! Even the visitors that have since left are okay. After eating my steak and mushroom pie? Uhhhh. I didn't mean to put that question mark there 'cause it gives you a sense of uncertainty! My uncertainty! Like I'm surprised or something. Startled or SOMETHING! That my pie didn't have fatal effects on others. Pfffffffft!
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment