Sunday 7 April 2013

All Good Things Come to an End!

Afternoon of the 6th of April.......
Do I have to see this? I just step onto the plane, having jussssssssst left Geese out there? I watched for him 'til I saw him turn the corner, once I'd gone pass security where he couldn't see me anymore. But this woman is throwing up in bags and bags and uuuurgh. More! Oh god! Where is alll...#*@+ it! I'm not gonna sit here trying to make sense of the amount of....ohhhMG! I am more than a fairly sympathetic person but nottttttt now. Not now.

Not now, when I'm the at this moment, desperately seeking sympathy. The attendant has rightfully advised that they stay at the airport, grounded, for a few more hours and catch a later flight because she doesn't look well? But? No! Appears she's feeling well enough to fly. Her son is now crying for water, OMFG....I swear he is crying, "Haiyor! Haiyor!" Those at home will know why that's an OMFG moment! I am nothing less than perturbed that I was this clueless about the fact that Indian people didn't only use "Haiyor" to express sadness, or shock, at home!

But?!? For real, though? "Haiyor" is universal?! O_*! Don't ask me what face I just made. It looks like a have a black eye. I didn't mean for that to happen, I just needed something more than the normal confused look I usually use to show how much finding this out has affected me.

Well? The DC airport isnt as busy as I'd imagined it would be. Keep looking for him. This sucks. I miss him. Already! I will say this much. He's dead on target when he talks about how this back and forth has to stop. One heart can only break but so many times!

Time to board. :-(

Sitting on this plane now. Just feels like I'm going in the wrong direction. When ur heart, your affections, are spread across countries? It never feels right having to leave either one of them. I guess it won't surprise you to learn that the first on-board movie I watched was Thunderstruck staring Kevin Durant. As Kevin Durant! Did I spell his name correctly? Basketball! That is one of my fondest memories from being over there! I truly got a feel and understanding for the game and thoroughly enjoyed watching and pointing my hand at the TV in disappointment when our team would do something stupid, blending beautifully with Geese's very loud words of disgust. Or just when Hawes was being his dangly, clumsy self.

And now? It's time to turn off all electronic devices. Bastards...you'd think they'd have come up with a way to be able to google-chat with the loved one's you're leaving behind, whilllllle ur leaving them behind! People have time to threaten nuclear war but when it comes to love? Nobody has the time to come up with one network to service all countries, which doesn't affect aircraft mechanics while you google-chat! "Ensure that your cellphone is set on flight mode when you turn it off, so that when you turn it on? Whooooo? The heck wants to turn it on anyway, when it can't do anything but stare back at you saying, "And the reason ur draining the life outa me right now, is...?" Hmmmmmmpf! I'm sensing some messed up priorities here! And then it's, "All's fair in love and war." Nohhh, it's not. Okay, the attendant is coming! Shit! I'll be back in a whole lot of hours time!

Sometime in the afternoon of 7th of April....
Well? I'm back home now. Almost! I left Philly at 13.50pm yesterday, sat and sulked in DC for three hours. Was in the air for another sixteen hours and now? I'm in Johannesburg! It's 5pm and they're asking for my right arm and my two tired limbs, which include the swollen feet I'm having to squeeze into my Timberland boots, to get me on an earlier flight to Durban. All. That means? Is that I get to sulk for fourrrrrr more hours before my next flight! Ohhhhhh yeah! I'm not done with aviation jusssst yet! But?! On the bright side? I cannnn talk to Geese while I sulk, so it's at least gonna be bearable! So...excuse me while I do that!

Annnnnnd back to the off with the cellphone garbage again! This is getting tiresome. I'm gonna have to write to someone to see what they can do about this on-off cellphone crap! It's dark now. I've dried my eyes. And I'm off to Durban. I have a question. Has you're heart ever been heavy and light at the same time? Well? Fly a-way from your man and to-wards your kids and you'll be able to understand exactly how that feels. And now? I have to go, my gran is already barred from flying...I can't take that chance!

Touchdown in Durban! Nothing like watching your son running towards you when he gets sight of you and then feeling him hold you so tight 'til you think you're gonna break in two, to lift your spirits. Paige was waiting at home with my other surrogate daughter, Lindsie with more uplifting hugs and happy faces! I think I've been missed! And Geese and I haven't stopped talking other than when we had to! He's over in Philly eating now. I know that because now that I'm on the ground? Google-talk works! As for me? It's pass 2am and ofcourse, I can't sleep! Before I go, I am really glad that you guys got a chance to formally meet him...
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment