Saturday 27 April 2013

Re-United...and It Feels So Good!

It's 7pm, South African time while I type this in the dark amidst flashing lights. I'm at my family reunion and the scene is like so....Sharde' and Brindley are strutting in pointed direction strides across the other family members on the dance floor as if its a do or die airing of Strictly Come Dancing! I'd vote for them for sure! For the wooden mic! Or is it? Wooden dance floor? I dunno. Either way, it won't be gold and shiny! HA! Strangely, as somewhat of a dancer? I don't watch SCD. I'm gonna have to ask myself why. The music's too loud right now. I won't hear myself! Plus the lights are blurring my vision. I'm sure that's more than evident by the mistakes I'm failing to make while I'm typing. Talking about skill? Like...we were. The first prize goes to that little boy in the blue t-shirt! That boy's got some great dance skills. It's almost as though he does nothing but watch MTV music all day and comes up with or memorises routines for each song. They don't teach that in any school I know. When the lyrics said, stop and stare? He stopped and stared! And I believed him! Uh-oh! I've been summonsed to the floor. Excuse me for four minutes and twenty three seconds.

Okkkkkkay! Shew! I'm back! You know how in This Christmas? When they do the soul train and the family members are on either side in a line and one at a time they do their best moves? Or funniest...down the middle? Remember that? It was at the end of the movie. Well? Nonnnnnnne of that going on here. This is a...a...soul circle. Which means the destination is the start. O_o! Now my mum and eldest brother are in the centre of it. OMG!

"Who? Who me?"

Gillian's looking at me with a dancing, bring it here, motion of the arm with that...that curling finger. Why is she sultrifying her eyes like that? She wants my cellphone. We'll fight to the death, lemme tell you! Ay? I hope she doesn't do that in the confines of her bedroom. I feel naked. How uncomfortable. Some men are into that kind of uncomfortable calling....way? I have my own bedroom, thank goodness. And there's nobody in it to call me....not thank goodness for that part. I miss Geese.

Loves got them dancing on the floor! And here I thought the melody was mostly to blame. You're never too old to learn, I guess. Annnnnnnd there goes Brindley again. This time with Sharde's mother, Lynn, my sister. My mothers other daughter and grandchild of my grandparents. That's what happens when you're the son of a Pastor. You progress from daughter to mother without anyone becoming suspicious. The onlookers just think they're encouraging you to stop dancing to worldy music, while they dance to it along with you. Trying to invite you to come to church in the morning. I don't know how anyone misses the fact that it usually takes all song long to do it. I'm thinking it's a trick. Or a stubborn, heathen, relative.

I'll be back! Billie Jean. Need I say more? Alrighiiiiiidy then. I love Michael Jackson! More? Uhm! Dead or alive. That's all you're getting. Oh? He was apparently spotted in South Africa. I'm not surpised. I spot people daily and they aren't even celebs. I'm not dancing. Just inhaling the greatness that is he!

Now the music's telling the ladies to let their bodies flow. Baddddd advice! Specially if you have spells where you believe you're a lady. Yet you normally stand to urinate. Ooooops! Eh. I've heard of that happening. Somewhere in a dessert. When it's hot. I'm not making this up. Google, "confusing effects of the dessert sun." And if nothing to the tune of what I just told you, comes up? Don't believe them. Use yahoo. But then again, they might be in co-hoots to prove me wrong? Walls aren't the only things with ears. Yahoo, ears, and you'll see how many your internet connection has. We're safe nowhere!

SEE? SEEEEEEEE? And look at that! Brindley's now jazzing with my MOTHER! That's climbing directly up the generation ladder, right there! Unnoticed! He's not even eleven yet! Even going out and coming in. You know how when your partner makes you do that? Yeahhhhh! Annnnd? Back to Lynn! Can't watch! Haaaaaahahahahhaha! The kid is as slick as....? What's a slick thing? Well? Whatever came to mind? He's slick like that thing.

I'm just kidding around. He's our little nephew. Can see his my mums grandson. That boy loves a good party! And shed's real, silent, face turning blue, tears when it's time to go home. Each and every time. Strange fact? This very hall we're having this reunion in? It's where they will come to church tomorrow, so earlier he says to his father. "Look at what they're doing to our church?" Meanwhile, com're, lemme tell you a secret.......you haven't gotten off the floor since! Little hypocrite. LOL!

And now? Now, I reallllllllllllllly miss Geese. You are my Lady, by Freddie Jackson, is playing. Nooooooooh, he didn't sing this to me or play this track for me. But I am...his lady. And I miss him and really wish he was here, not hundreds of miles across the ocean. Ironically, my mum and dad are the only ones on the dance floor, waltzing to this song.

So I need me a moment.
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment