Saturday 13 February 2016

Congrats Are In Order

They did it!  DUN DUN DADUUUUUUNNN, DUN DUN DADUUUUUUNNNN,......what?!?!  Too soon?
Hmmmmmpf, I'll calm my excited behind down then.

Anyhoo, they musta heard my biological clock ticking, huh?!?!  Musta been real loud, hahhahahaha!  Or maybe not, but he did propose to her today, so Ima go with that!  As I said yesterday, this is the wedding that I am looking forward to seeing both happen and succeed!  And we're just about two steps closer to seeing her walking down the isle all beautiful and glowing and him watching his bride in awe!




I told my brother, "your arms look like monkey arms with all that hair!"  LOL!  Don't they?  Meanwhile he took her to this special place and then they passed by the mall on their way home.  He said she told whomever made eye contact with her in the stores, whether or not she knew them, that they just got engaged!  Hahahahahaha!  I love her craziness!  He reckoned, "I'm surprised the mall didn't throw us a party!"  Hahahahaha!

Couldn't have asked for a better Saturday, all the way round!

Had an interesting chat with my niece the other day and she was like, "So the person that you marry isn't always the person you should be marrying, huh?  I always thought that it worked out that it was."  And I told her, "Nope!  We see it all around us.  Most times we already know it but we go through with it anyway for whatever the reason might be."

There are always signs and not just where love is concerned, that's why we have intuition and we need alot more practice on listening to it than we do ignoring it.  Lawd knows, we have the latter down pat.

Strange as it sounds, I'm glad that I married my ex-husband, with all of the bullshit that eventually happened, we share two kids that we love very much and at the end of it all, I gained a great friendship.  I almost got married again and as much as I want to say that a huge part of me doesn't regret that relationship, I actually do.  Nope, it's not for the reasons that you think.  It's not about bitterness, it's not about hatred or anything of the sort but I realize now that it was in both our best interests not to have entered into the relationship to begin with but instead to have maintained the friendship.  Some things are best kept at a certain level, especially when there is personal work to be done on both ends.  And especially when one or both of your entire hearts are not it from the very beginning.  The truth is that I was in love with someone else and so was he.  It started out that way.  Which is not good.  Even with the challenges and difficulties that that brought into the relationship, we still carried on.  That's aside from everything else that was going on on both ends at the time.  So if I had to do it again, I'd do it differently for sure.  But in life and in his words, there are no do-overs.  And he was right.  There aren't.  But we live and we learn, don't we.  I guess that's the light at the end of the tunnel of our fuck-ups and falls during the course of our lives.

It's not the first that time a friendship was ruined because of feelings.  I remember in my final year of high school, one of my best friends was male and eventually, after having talked to his mum about it, he told me that he'd developed these feelings and I wished that day, that firstly he didn't develop those feeling but also that he hadn't told me that because I didn't know how to relate to him thereafter.   It's not to say that we stopped being friends and yes we remained close for a while after but we eventually went from seeing each other almost everyday to now not seeing each other for almost twenty years.  And it wasn't only because I didn't develop the same feelings for him but because I enjoyed our friendship so much.  He was a wonderful person, kind and funny and caring but as soon as he said that, because the dynamic of our friendship changed, I felt lost on a way to relate to him so much so that he had confronted me and asked me why it was that I'd pulled away from him.  Ofcourse, I tried to deny feeling any different because his feelings were not feelings that I wanted to hurt and as time went by, I eventually felt a little more comfortable again and then school ended.  We all hung out for a year or two after that and then found our respective partners, and the rest is history.  Plus you know when you're best friends, you kinda tell each other everything and guys tend to be wayyyyy more graphic than girls are, hahahahahaha!  What I will say though, I will always remember him though as one of the best friends that I've ever had because, well, he was.    

Damn!  It's hot in this house!  :-/  Hold on.

Just had to go get the ac remote.  I'm melting in this bedroom of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment