Sunday 14 February 2016

Now Is All The Time That We Have...

I'm about to go to bed.

Hope you all had a good day today. I HOPE that you realize that life is unpredictable where one day you're here and the next, you're not. My day? It was a mixed bag. Death always makes me think. And question and wonder. Whether or not whomever has passed was known to me, or someone close to me. It doesn't matter. It's always had an effect on me and today it made me really restless where I had more questions than I had answers. Which is something that throws me off balance completely simply because it prompts over-thinking on my part, and that usually prompts unrest within me.

So I HOPE that whomever you have in your life right now, I hope that you are taking cognisance of the fact that tomorrow is a mystery to us all and every single day after that. There are no guarantees that once you part ways with anybody, be it for a day, an hour or even a year, that you will ever see them again.

I've had many experiences with death throughout my life just as I'm sure you have. Uncles, aunts, baby nieces, grandparents and friends and what sticks with me for a while after is that there is no time left with that particular person anymore. There is no time left to say you're sorry, no time left to show love, no time yet to sit and have even a short conversation. So much is left unsaid, undone, unfixed because we take the familiar sunrise for granted and the fact that whomever was there today will still be there tomorrow.

It doesn't always work out that way and when it's too late. It's just that. Too late.

I acknowledge Valentine's Day simply because I'm a hopeless romantic but if there is someone who means something to you, you need to show them now and not wait for days like these to come around. If there is someone who's hurting because of you, make peace with them now and not while you're standing over their coffin.

Now is all of the time that we have.

If any of my family and friends are reading this right now, I'm sorry that for the most part, in recent years, I've become somewhat reclusive and selfish with my time and energy. It is not your doing. It is mine. With every day that passes, I am not who I was all of those yesterdays. We all change and transform over time due to experiences and growths thereof. A little for the better and at times for the worst but even in times of hibernation, I am aware that I'm not one person made up of just me. That my entirety is made up of little bits and pieces and people and places and moments that I've encountered, both present and past and even if I am not thinking of you in congregation, I am thinking of you at some time. I don't pretend that you knowing that will make your life or at the very least make up for moment's lost but I sure HOPE that knowing that I see every single one of you in everything that I am surrounded by, whether it is a word, a song, a quote, a smell or my reflection, that that will bring to you even a pin points sense of acknowledgement and remembrance.


Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment