Friday 12 August 2016

Uhm...

Munching on this very low carb brownie bar.  Whooooooo------good times on a Friday I telya with tears in my bloodshot eyes.  I had trouble getting to sleep last night.  Uhm.  That's normally how it starts.  Before I start crying, my throat mutters a tiny, choking whimper of "Uhm."  Inwardly, I'm dissuading my tear ducts from letting loose right now and the poor things, as hard as that is for them, shame, they're being obedient.
I tell them, "I'm proud."
"Uhm."  They whimper too, putting forward their best attempt at restraint.
This extremely low carb bar?  See how things have progressed already?  (Why am I rubbing my throat?)  This bar went from very to extremely with each bite.  It's brown.  Eh!  I'm taking their word for it.  Not that it's brown, that it's extremely low carb.  Seeing as I'm no expert, I'm at their mercy which lemme tell you, is not the best qualification for the job.  I should have been an expert, I'm thinking.  Being at the mercy of anyone holding the true carb values is not the best position to put yourself in.  Let that be a lesson to you.
Where was I?  Ahhhhh, yes, it's dark brown, brownie-looking and doesn't taste toooooo bad.  :-/  Says my taste buds who evidently have a yearning for the sleek, rich taste of sun-melted Cadbury's chocolate but have undoubtedly and so desperately settled for an aftertaste of some kind, instead.  Really.  I couldn't describe the aftertaste even if I wanted to.  I just know that it kinda, slightly burns?  (Scratches her forehead, above her temple, wondering why-----but see?  Had she been an expert though, she wouldn't have to wond………….)  See that?  That's baaaaad.  That's called betrayal by cravings.  I just turned on myself, ready to highlight my shortcomings and for what?  Anger over the burning sensation that I am forced to endure just to feel human?  (Chocolate makes me feel human okay?!?!?!)  It's a good reason, but still.  You still have to have your own back.  Even when your throat wants to throw itself up.  Stay loyal to your back.
While we're on the subject of loyalty, I'm very pleased that the ANC government has lost a whole bunch of their supporters.  We just had an election, local election and the results clearly show that I have not been sucking complaints outa my thumb.  And the lack of results yet abundance of bullshit from the ruling party has finally gotten to levels of "enough is enough".  As I suspected before, too many were loyal to the party because they were the ANC and turned a blind eye to the fact that they kept getting a kick up their backsides for that unwavering loyalty.  This election has showed that some people are so tired that they are willing to vote for the DA, some are still loyal to the ANC, and others are so disillusioned by the doings of the ruling party and the fact that that makes it real easy to run and vote for the opposition but they still can't bring themselves to so they just chose not to vote.  Therein lies the problem.  Your vote is your voice.  Although some voices do land up in boxes dumped in bushes.  Anyway.  I do hope that this is a wake-up call, that they straighten up and fly right so that we can alllll be proud to be represented by A GOVERNMENT who holds the interest of its people, not their pockets, as a priority.  That's all, that's it.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/aug/05/anger-and-apathy-behind-south-africas-shock-local-election
And now?  Ima go eat some strawberries.  


Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!






No comments:

Post a Comment