Saturday 11 July 2015

Meet Jace

He's the newest member of the family! Yes, I still consider my ex-husbands family, my own because they are. Divorce doesn't mean severing ties with all and sundry and since I have severed ties with my ex-husband, he's still family too. It's crazy to say, but I couldn't be more grateful to have him as my ex-husband. And I mean that in a good way. I'm grateful more for NOT being part of those divorces that make enemies out of someone that you actually once loved and shared half your life with or even just a chunk of it. I actually got to know him, without the expectations that come with being my partner or husband and I think it's safe to say, he's one of my closest friends rights now.

Infact, none but one of my ex's and I aren't on speaking terms. Hahahahaha, funny story? A few months ago my ex-boyfriend from high school visited my mum and dad and he asked her, "Do you think Stacey will take me back?" Ofcourse she said no! Hahahahahaha! But it's crazy because I received a text just the other from my ex-husband after he read my Facebook status, telling me that "my guy" is very lucky to have me, that I'm a care bear and love with all I have and he is sorry that he didn't appreciate me when we were together. We had an honest little tet-a-tet and I told him, it happens that way all the time between couples where one doesn't appreciate what is in front of them when it's actually in front of them and some of the time it takes losing someone and watching from the outside to realize that they were actually worth the work it would have taken to keep them, now he has to learn from that going forward.

This post started out with me introducing Jace and look where it's ended up. None of the above is to toot my own horn, Lord knows I'm the furthest from perfect and I will never profess to be anything else. Maybe I'm meant to tell you all to appreciate your man or woman while you have them. Put all of the impressing of your boys and girlfriends aside, put your ego in your pocket when it's necessary, don't put them in positions where they feel as though they have to fight for your attention, give them the time and the effort that they deserve. Just-----just work hard at loving them, while you have them. When it's over, it's over, sometimes there is no going back and there are no more chances to be gotten. So? While you're in there, be all there, not just parts that you have to spare!

And now? I can't wait to meet my lil nephew today, so lemme get cracking. Gotta go get an eye test first. I really don't need one but they won't give me night driving glass without an eye test. The glare from the on-coming traffic is a real biaaaaaaaaaaatch!


Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment