Friday 10 July 2015

Open and Shut Case...



Yes, that’s my arm, for those of you who are wondering.  Namaste’, beautiful souls!

I've looked over the actualities, considered the evidence and everything points to the fact that my ultimate sleeping window period falls between mid-morning to late afternoon.  Du-durin working-cough-hours.  Ay, I'm just saying?  I didn't choose those sleeping hours.  They chose me.  Now I know you're asking yourself, "So?  What are you gonna do about that, Rambler?" 

Well?  I'll tell you what I'm not gonna do.  I'm not gonna call a round-table meeting with my boss to tell him that yes, I will report to work as usual, every day.  That life is constantly a-changin’.  And with that said?  I won’t be coming just to work.  That the current change in my life leaves me with no choice but to sleep between 10am and 3pm.  I won’t be doing that.  That's fa damn sure!  So I guess I've both won and lost my sleep pattern trial case.

On a serious note?  I can't stay asleep for nothing this past week!  During the night time I mean, and then come work time, all I want is my bed.  Yet another cruel joke played on me.  Hardy-ha-ha, universe.  Wait?!? 

Come to think of it? 

Neither have I watched any tv.  Maybe...hmmmmmmmm?  Maybe that's the problem.  Maybe my........no.  That's bullshit.  My mind cannot be missing tv.  Can it?  No?  Yes?!?!  Someone please answerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr meeeeeee?!?!?  Who's mind misses tv and decides to start toi-toi-ing to keep their owner up at night?  Like it's striking for-for an increase.  Of tv time!  Or something?

Mine, I guess.

Uuuuuuuuurgh…(shoulder shrug)…musta thought, when in Rome, do as the South African’s do.  I can't say that I blame it, it works.  It works for the college students when they demand sanitary towels.  Or free education.  Or for the institution to turn a blind eye to unpaid tuition fees from the previous year and simply allow the defaulters to register for the new year.

O_o!!!

It just hit me.  Firstly, my apologies to all of you who don't actually know what toi-toi-ing is?  I just took it for granted that you did.  Lemme try to explain.  Unfortunately, I can’t find Trevor Noah’s video clip on the subject. 

In South Africa, a strike is not a strike, without dancing.  As you can see from the picture?  It might appear that they're doing some Vegas live show feathered-costume set but no. No-no. That's not just any dance right there!  It's not hip-hop, contemporary and neither is it jazz...that's the dance called, "We have you by the balls and it’s just a matter of time before we do enough damage to get you to cave in to our demands.  Whooooooo-hoooooooo!  Viva sanitary towels!!!!" 
Now, imagine if you will, your daughter comes to you asking for $30 and you’re like, “I don’t got ittt!”  (Sorry, in my mind, that’s what I just heard my ex-husband say when Paige would ask him for money…LOL…that was his line.  Until he suddenly got itttt.)  Imagine that she immediately begins to pull out the poster that she prepared, saying, “You’re ruinnnnnnnning my life!”  You ignore her and go back to doing whatever you were doing and she’s like, “Hmmmmmpf!” then scribbles on the other side, “I didn’t ask to be born, you OWE ME $30 for making me!”  Now?  Imagine her holding that up while she breaks out in hop-hop-double-hop-sing her demand song-hop-hop-double hop routine and doesn’t stop until she gets that $30. 

THAT!?!?!  Is what toi-toing is.


See now.  See what I’m saying?  It’s barely 9am and I’m nodding…….lemme take a walk, see you guys soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment