Thursday 29 October 2015

Somethin' Old Somethin' New

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!
 
People?  Ya Rambler's ubbbbbbber excited 'cause the air reeks of luuuuuurve!  My memory instinctively belts out a well-known chorus-------Love is in the air, dadadaaaa, everywhere I look around! 
 
My mind corrects it with, "Evvvvvvrrywhere.....?"
My memory stopped singing and clears its throat.  A-hem! :-/
 
Sometimes even when you're not looking for the lesson, life teaches you, nonetheless.  All you have to do is lift ya nostrils outa ya cellphone for a bit and pay attention.  It's hard.  I know.  But be brave and try.  On the few recent occasions that I have?  I have realized that in order to fully understand somebody, one has to consider everything about them, everything about their situations, everything about their circumstance, without prejudice.  At least, as much as we've been exposed to.  Sometimes we're just so rash on judgement and sentencing that anything outside of that present occurrence is overlooked.  
 
That's basically what's been happening to someone close to me.  While I knew most of what was going on in his life, I closed myself off to whatever could have been feeding his state of misery.  The way that he communicated, the way that he began looking, his level of patience?  All of it reeked of discontentment. 
 
And then?!  In the midst of all of the shit. 
Shiiiiiiit! 
This too, I've realized.  Something truly wonderful can happen, sometimes SOMEONE truly wonderful can happen, which is evvvvvven better right?!?  'Cause then you have someone to share ya miserable life with!  And I know you might be wondering, "Miserable life?!"  Look?  I'm not being mean.  The man was not a happy chappy and it was oozing outa his personality as if he was born like that when the fact issssss?!?!?  Dude was just waking up like that. 
 
So now when that someone wonderful happens to you?  Watcha gonna do?  Fight it?  Ima tell you what I did!  I noticed!  Ay, it's just way too hard to miss 'cause it's like night and day!  Fo rizzle!  O_O!  I mean dudes skin is even two shades lighter!  The effect that his nownewgirlfriendwhowashisoncehisgirlfriendbackinhighschool, and dare I reveal---------------his now almost wife!  Yes, I said almost wife, it'sallhappeningsofastlikezooooooooooooomlikeHalley'scomet!  Sofastthatitslike tohellwiththefiancecrapletsgostraighttoMrandMrs! 
 
@_<! 
Exhalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllle!
 
The effect that she has on him elevates that old very likeable side of him.  The one that I forgot even lived inside of this person, except for somewhere within my memory of him.  Now that I see it again, I can say that I honestly missed him and I'm glad to have him back.      
 
Too often we under-estimate the effects of being with the woman or man that we're with.  Sometimes it makes you as a person.  Sometimes?  It breaks you as a person.  Like if you started off the meekest person on this earth but then all of a sudden, whenever you see 'm, you find that all you wanna do is run on their chest with spiked soccer boots. 
 
Me? 
 
Uh-huh!
 
I've never actually done that but the thought hasssss crossed my mind.  Then I'd stop.  "Jail!"  I'd tell myself.  Hahahahaha!  Lies!  I've never had to restrain myself with terrifying self-threats of imprisonment when it came to soccer boots.  But you get what I'm tryna say here right?  Bad relationships can change good people and it sure does take a while to get back on ya feet.  Whether or not you actually ever fully recover?  Doubt it but almost fixed is always better than totally broken.     
 
But when it makes you as a person?  The sky isn't even the limit!  With dude?  He is calmer.  He is ecstatic.  He looks ten years younger!  He is not the person that I've been at loggerheads with for some years now.  Watching happiness come back around and mend? 
 
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  It's been a beautiful transformation.
 
Here's to second chances!  <3


Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment