Tuesday 31 May 2016

Upcycling Mania

So I've decided to start with my shoes. #shoesmustfall. I thought I'd be a little more emotionally attached to them. You know. Since they were there for me all of those years....tirelessly trudging with me on whichever path I chose to walk, gravel, grass or smooth cement. But, hm-uhm. It was a fairly painless process.

De-cluttering isn't as much fun as people make it out to be. Hmmmmpf! Admittedly, I haven't personally met anyone who made it sound like a hoot, but even I know. There IS someone out there who does. Even might belong to a de-cluttering group, "De-cluts...." Or something. Mannnnn, I hope the brand name graphic designer doesn't have a touch screen and fat fingertips! That name could turn crazy in a hurry. Lol!

Now the clothessss??? That's a whole nother story! Before I knew that there was an official name for it, I've turned a t-shirt into a bag a skirt into cafton, another into a dress and some other t-shirts into cool crops for dance class but since I'd downloaded Pinterest?  

HUGGGGE MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!! 

'Cause I'm thinking as I inspect, "hmmmmmmm....I can cut here, here and there! Here's when parting becomes a boat-load of sweet sorrows 'cause see, good intentions, right?  Those bastards keep sneaking up on me and trying to get me to clean out my closet.  Like I have space in my day for another to-do.  But I play along.  Hurting good intentions-----is bad.  Least I can do is humour it. So I stand there.  Pretending to be serious about looking at my clothing.  They're just hanging there, unconcerned and unmoved. Rather confident in their knowledge that just like the last time, I won't be finding them new owners.  My closet is open-plan----------not my plan, but I ammm grateful!  Standing there, sizing up items that look like I wanna keep them and also look like I don't like them anymore.

The confusion begins.

Forgetting that I'm pretending, I'm on the verge of slipping them off the shoulder of the hanger and bundling 'm in a bag and taking 'm down to my mum to give away and then CLICK 'N FLASH----(my minds camera or my memory, I can't decide)----both already viewed upcycled images and possible future upcycling ideas begin to bash the walls of my mind. 

ShiT!

Now?  I'm in a dilemma of sorts.  I gotta make a decision.  To bundle or not to bundle?! 

I then settle on the lame yet hopeful goal of, "Another time…"  Which essentially always means that there'll be a really lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng gap between almost bundling to repeating the process and following through. 

This bag though? I plan on making that at some point. Just need to get me to a craft store for that embroidery cotton.


Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment