Wednesday 18 July 2012

Bash or the Books?


Happy 94th birthday, Mr. Mandela!  Ninety whole four!  Wow!  Best wishes and unless someone’s kept it a huge secret?  Thank you for not forcing us to pay for a party we woulda never afforded to give our ownselves!  Unlike some other people I know!  I’m not mentioning names, but…xyZ! 

That!?  Wasn’t a hint!  Nohhhh!  I was testing myself.  Just to keep…you know?  Keep the brain working.  They say that if you recite the last three letters of the alphabet daily?  It helps your memory.  Don’t?!  Don’t quote me.  To anyone.  Don’t be at the dinner table with your new inlaws and yell, “Guess what I learnt today?  That random rambling chick said that if you recite the….!”  It won’t end well.  Just…take what you’ve learnt today?  Here on my blog.  And know it.  That’s all you need to do, is know it.  Going forward?  Just recite your last three letters of the alphabet silently, and in the privacy of your own person.  If you’re caught and questioned about what you’re doing?  Rock.  You can hug your pen if you’re in the office.  Rock back and forth and hug your pen and whisper, “I miss…writing.”  Then sniff and point to the computer.  You won’t have company for very long.  You might also not be in the company for much longer either!  You know what?  Maybe it would just be best to exercise your brain in your car, alone.    

Woke up today to rain on take the bin down to the street day, and part three of my headache!  This one must be have always aspired to be a Jean Claude van Damme sequel…uuuurgh!  Now because that didn’t happen, it’s taking it’s frustrations out on me.  Pfffffffft!  As if I said fail acting class!  Okay, okayyyyy!  We all know that you don’t actually have to pass acting class to be a Jean Claude van Damme sequel but I was just…just trying not to be unkind…Jean Claude van Damme has feelings too!  But then you all start shouting and pressuring me about…”Come-onnnnnnn!  You know that’s a big fat lie!”  Excu-uuuuse me for trying to be nice on Mandela Day!    

Thank goodness it’s not my birthday!  When I turn the age I’m turning in three months time?  I really don’t want my day starting off painful, wet and dirty!  I have a vision of how it’s going to begin…. 

Sunshine shall greet me as it peeps and squeezes through the blades of my bedroom blinds.  Its only purpose?  To gently nudge me out of slumber.  It shall stretch out its rays all the way from the far reaching sky until it tickles the surface of my skin causing my sleepy eyes to flutter at the feel of its soft kiss upon my cheek.  My mouth shall curl up into an indulgent grin…a fitting response to its gestured whisper of, ”Happy birthday, my #1 fan.  I came just for you!”  Plus?!?!  It’s a Thursday!  So bin day will have passed!  10th!  Bin day!  Perfect!  All I have to work on now is making sure I don’t have a headache!

Far as how it’s going to end?  Did you have a big bash for your 40th?  Would you have another one if you could turn forty again?  Being a Thursday and then a work day?  Nnnnnnnnnn, I don’t know whether I want a big celebration or not.  Not because I’m afraid to turn forty or anything?  Not because I’m looking for an excuse not to celebrate it.  Part of me feels that it’s something to be celebrated.  Just that, Damon has a test on the 12th of October.      

No comments:

Post a Comment