Saturday 21 July 2012

Gravity Bruises!

It's official! I have no life! I spent Friday night, in the company of Big Corn bites and a Snicker, watching Disney channel, WITHOUT being forced to! Sigh....I guess it was a consolation that I knew allllll their lines. And expressions. :-/ Annnd outfits. I think it's only fitting that I learn their real names! I owe them at least that. Aside from boring the...the...? What colour am I? No really? You may think I'm just rambling, but? What colour AM I? UuuUrgh. Not knowing just ruined my sentence! And I don't really care about colour! It's nothing but a skin tone. I don't care if I was neon purple, but if I KNEW I was neon purple then I coulda at least said, "Aside from boring the neon purple offa me...." Y-you know?
Did you enjoy roller coasters as a child? Uhhhh, not me. Not as a child, not as an adult! Not even as a beautiful butterfly in my next life! I'm as adventurous as a dry sugar bean. I prefer my heart on the right hand side of my chest, thank you very much! Kinnnnda hard to swallow when it's lodged in your throat!
I remember my dad would take us for a drive every Sunday. Sometimes to the fun fare. One time? I wore a red jersey. Yeahhhhhh. Red. A red...jersey. Why is that the only thing I remember from that day? I'm sure I had fun. At the fare! Not like I fell off the top of the big wheel or nothing and I needed to block out that day! Maybe? Maybe if I did, I woulda remembered more but I don't. They say that the baddddd experiences cement themselves in your brain.
Like the first and last time I got on a trampoline!
Again?! I wore red! WTH??? And I WAS having fun! WTF?!? Have I just uncovered the reason why I don't wear much red orrrrr have much fun anymore?
We'd all gone away to the Drakensburg Mountains for a weekend. The trampoline was a jungle gym away from the tennis court so once we were done there. We moved over to the trampoline. I had my camera so I was like, "Everyone have a turn! I'll take pics!" You know how cool the pictures look when you're in the air and stuff instead of standing on the floor and stiff? They're jumping yayyyyyyyyy and I'm clicking, clicccccck!
'Til it was myyy turn.... :-(
I started a new paragraph now because for a few minutes? My thumbs just settled on the q and delete buttons on my keypad. Composing themselves. They too, remember the pain. Our pain. The initial joy of soaring through the air and acting cute for my jumping pics? Stopped there. Right at initial! So, I'm in the air. The big galloot that I am. Feeling as free as the butterfly I'm coming back to earth as. I was practicing because failing as a human? I wanna be the best damn butterfly I can be!
Kent! O-G! Decides that he should make use of the trampoline while I'm not using it. Since I was in the air! As if I was just gonna hang around and hover 'til I was ready to come back down? Did he not see that I was on the decent? Laws of gravity and shit?!? I wasn't a butterfly YeT! The boy jumps on the trampoline while I'm on my way down.
One second............................the feeling of the not knowing where I would land? Has overwhelmed me. Even though I know where I landed. It still has that mystery effect on me. I wasn't ready to die. Or break something. I'd arrived in one piece and I had visions all weekend of leaving that way! That was all that I kept saying to myself after I barely touched the black surface and was once again soaring through the air. The tree appeared to have side stepped as I contemplated grabbing onto one of its branches if I could. I had no idea that even wood could be selfish! Lemme tell you? Don't mistake its outstretched branches as a sign of offering support!
Well? There was concrete around the trampoline. Why they don't put some kind of spongey thing around trampolines for when your nephew suddenly bounces you back off of it? I do not know! But I landed on the cement asking myself am I dead yet and if I am? How can I still be in pain in heaven.
The side of my thigh was bruised along with the outside of my foot and ankle and as I'm typing this? I'm reflecting on the fact that? I have pictures of this. Whoever had the camera, still stood and took a picture of me on the cement in pain, confused about my very existence annnnnnnd moaning in my mind (the pain temporarily stumped my ability to speak) about "Jesus, hold me!" instead of running to my rescue!
Today I have two things that I MUST do. Find out what colour I am and who exactly it was that took that picture of me!
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment