Monday 14 May 2012

And the Lesson in that is....
Mother's Day was a blur. I blame that dance. The short sentences are a reflection of my pounding headache. It's just been a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng day. All those nnn's don't do, describing this day, the justice that it deserves though! But onto a happier subject now….How was your Monday?
Lindsie told us this morning that someone had dedicated their bbm status to cursing out Monday. Poor Monday. Please? Don't ever name your child Monday. I've come across some crazy names, like when I worked in the bank, PHILOSOPHY! And that wasn't the name of the bank, or a College course. It was a client's first name! I knew instantly who it was in his Kindergarten class that couldn't spell his own name! But if you're absolutely out of options, like if you hear the bone-chilling cocking sound of the gun to your head? Monday's good, just make sure that you start saving for psychiatric treatment from the moment that child is able to sense or understand any kind of ill-feelings. All he/she is ever going to hear is "Aaaaargh, I hate Monday! Why does it have to be Monday! Monday suckkkks!!!!" And he/she's looking around like, "#%$@ did I do?"
To me, hating Monday that much, is just wasted hate. Wasted hate that you can direct towards the taxman. Or olives. Don't even know how people can eat olives, eeeewww! I'd much rather drink castor oil twice in one day than eat an olive. Wait. No, I wouldn't. Shewww! I had to correct that 'coz some people are so fixated on that shit of "I have it in black and white so now you have to do it." But more importantly, I have very bad memories of a Saturday, a spoon, a door, standing, castor oil and a piece of orange. There are times when a child sees clearly that either the mother or the father has to stand by, quietly and watch their kids suffer, for their own good. And while they are watching this lesson unfold, aside from their eyes watering from the vile taste on their tongue, and asking "Why was I born?". They innocently ponder on a more fitting question, "If prune juice has the same effect, why was that option just ignored!?" To this day, I'll never understand it. Maybe I was supposed to learn that the easy, tastier route is not always the best one to take? That might have been the lesson. I'm not asking though, just in case they try to teach it to me again!
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment