Monday 18 June 2012

Happy Father’s Day!


Happy Father's Day to all of the Dad's out there.  I sound like a Facebook status, uuuurgh!   Won’t happen again, I promise!  Not forgetting the mads.  The mom's who are dad's!  Whoop whoop!  Double gift!  I wish too!  Doesn't exactly work that way but still, I do hope that you were appreciated in some kind of way! 

Speaking of family.  I was driving away from the mall before the soccer grounds yesterday and two cars away from where I was parked, was a hatchback car with its boot open.  At a mall?  An open boot?  I dunno about you, but I'd expect to see parcels or if you just got there?  Outdoor chairs, umbrella or something?  No-no!  No-NO!  Today?!?  On Fathers Day?  There was a car seat.  With a little boy sitting in it!  Looked about three or four!  Sad.  :-(  I'm assuming he was sad because he wasn't smiling.  Plus he was stuck in the booth of his parent's car.  That wouldn't impress me either.  I'd be asking myself why I was born. 

Maybe he didn't wish his father today?  I dunno, it could be anything.  And it was anything………but right!  At least, to me.  Look, he didn't appear uncomfortable or breathless, or like "help me help me" or nothing.  Boy was chilled...but without the pimp smirk.  Unless the parcels go on the back seat and the kids go in the boot in that household?  Unless before I happened to turn my bandana'd head to the left, his dad had brought him from the back seat, in his car seat, to the boot?  Because his dad was standing right there.  Maybe he was attached to his car seat?  Like some kids are attached to a teddybear or a blanket.  Trying to imagine a kid hugging their car seat in bed?  Change positions, and BAMMM!  Knock their head against the hard plastic….painful attachment!  

If you have a baby, try to discourage that.  Push for the teddybear.  They make for better pacifiers.  And friends.  Car seats can’t talk.  Only teddybears can.  Could be that he was mad at his parents and he wanted to sit in the boot so he didn't have to look at them.  Needed time alone to relfect on why he was born.  You know how your parents get so mad at you, “Go to your room, I can’t even look at you right now!”  Kids have those moments.  They’re human too.  Even though some of you call them animals.  And ask them if they were born in a barn because they didn’t close the door after they went outside.  I was almost born on a freeway.  That’s why I feel so attached to the road.  Whenever I’m driving, I always do my utmost to stay on it.  Even when I’m walking.  I have to touch it with every step.  Each family has their own way of doing things, I guess.  Those are the most logical things I can think of as to why that boy rode to the mall in the car boot.  And I use the word, logical, as loosely as I possibly can.  If I used it any loosel-ier, LOL, sorry!  But if I loosen it any more than I already have, it would fall off this page.  And the TV is too loud right now for me to think up a word of my own so…

While we’re on the subject of things not being tight?  My clothes are getting loose again.  I’ve conquered the second and last day of that vile spinach.  I was clever this time though because I didn’t want to waste half of it like I did the previous time?  I made a little bit.  Like I was explaining to Geese?  If I cooked annnny less of it?  I’d be stirring an empty pot.   Don’t get me wrong, I love spinach.  On a normal day.  When oil can be used.  And chillies.  And garlic.  Have you tried to soften or brown onions in water?  Not cool!  Not cool at all!  That’s why someone invented oil!  They knew how cool it wasn’t to cook with water!  I could just kiss that person right on the top of their bald head!  I envision a bald-headed person to have invented oil, don’t ask me why.  I know.  I should picture an oily person because it makes more sense, but I don’t.  Not everything in life makes sense.  You will learn that as you grow up.  Hopefully.  But if you invented oil and you’re reading this, and you have hair?  I’m sorry.  My intention was to share my vision, not to offend. 

Seeing as we just celebrated Father's Day?  What's your fondest memory of your dad?  One of mine is that he made sure to bring us something sweet and fattening every single Friday when we were growing up.  We couldn’t wait for him to get home on a Friday!  I blame him for me having a mouth full of sweet teeth!  Good blame but.  Not bad, grudging blame like "Youuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!" and grinding teeth!  Not that kinda blame!  We called our Friday treat, "whatsabought".  Ay, don't look at me with that "huh?" expression.  I'm clueless on how that name came about, or whether it did because we didn't know how to speak proper English?  That would be badddd but to my knowledge, our English was fine.  We just knew it as “whatsabought” and as such, called it that.  When in home, do as…so?  I think I may just investigate its origin though.  Pretty sure I won't find my answers on Google, else I could just tell you right now.  One things for sure?  It had to have been my mum!  That's something you can expect from her.  Anything, funny, tricky or mischievous?  Follow the trail and it will lead you straight to her.       

Annnnnnyway…it’s time for me to love and leave you.  For now.  I hope you missed me this weekend.  And if you didn't, that's okay.  I missed me getting up on here to Ramble Responsibly.  One is always better than nothing.  Don’t get it twisted now, that doesn’t apply to chocolate!  But that would make me self-missed.  'Cause I missed myself.  Would that be considered an out of body experience?  Hmmmmmm?  I’m going to go and ponder on that for a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment