Wednesday 27 June 2012

Never too Busy...

Sorry I'm late. I'm normally the most punctual person in the room. But the world, keeps getting in the way. That's a song by Neyo! Talks about how he and his love can't seem to get together because something or the other keeps cropping up. Poor things.

Life does get hectic sometimes, doesn't it? Even when you're doing nothing? You're doing something. It's for that exact reason that you get yelled at by your wife for laying on the couch and doing nothing. It's because you're doing something you shouldn't be doing when the gutters around the house still need to be repaired! Awww, don't mention it. I'm always happy to help clear up confusion by sharing my views on why things you've always wondered about, happen.

But on a serious note, it never should get sohhhhh busy where it results in neglecting the people that you love. Dependent on who they are or who they are not? You might quickly turn around and find nobody there. Nothing but oxygen and furniture! Honestly? I didn't know what I would write about today, and this was the last thing I didn't know it would be. But it came to mind, and now I've simply let it flow freely out of the rivers of my thoughts....into yours.

I can bet that more than a few of you are checking yourselves right now. "Am I being a neglective partner ?" (OH! Come-onnnnnn! It's a worrrrrrd! This dictionary knows nothing! Neglective describes a person who neglects. I'm only explaining myself in brackets like this because as I'm typing, the word 'neglective' has that red squiggly underlining!) To hell with it, I'm adding it to my dictionary. Some things just don't deserve the red squiggly lines! That's like a big fat red cross on your test page! Which some of us deserve and some of us like, neglective, don't. You know what? I'm sure if we look hard enough, someone in South Africa's name actually IS, Neglective!

And you there…you're quite nervous right now, aren't you? "*&^% !! Is this a couch I'm lying on? Damn Rambler! She doesn't know when to keep her fingers shut!" Hehehe, nohhhhhhhh! I do not!

It's like I have x-ray vision today. The scene's are just coming at me…like I'm watching an episode of "Guilty!" It's a new series. Future new! Not yet aired or thought of, new. But I know it will be because my vision is that deep. I can see what you're thinking tomorrow. But right now, I see some of you sweating bullets, feverishly looking around, with just your eyes…thank goodness, I'd be feeling left out if you could see with anything else, but you're shifting them…from left to right, up and down (why? I really can't tell you unless your significant other is sitting on your head or hanging from the ceiling), holding your position so that the couch doesn't squeak…just because you're trying to hear whether hers or his footsteps are still somewhere in the house. Relax. Reeelax! Okay, on second thought? Get up and go and do a quick head count in the house! Pets and all! Quick! Even food! They might have taken the food with them and just left you with a tin of tuna! Oh, and act natural! Wide eyed, bewildered looks are gonna give you away!

.............................................Everybody still there? Okay, fantastic! That means that you're doing what you're meant to be doing. Prioritizing! And making sure that the people who hold your heart, know that they do! For those of you who are hugging a tin of tuna right now? Neyo and company? You'll never take a loaf of bread for granted again, will you?

Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment