Sunday 10 June 2012

Rascals and Realizations

Is there something wrong with NOT trying to take what belongs to others? Is there something wrong with NOT invading the privacy of others? If some of us can do it? Why exactly can't everybody do it?!
This rant stems, not from my diet, but from the visit I just got from my neighbour who came to warn me to make sure my kids and I are careful when coming in or going out our own property because the unsavory characters are "operating" in our area! Aaaaaaaaargh!!!!! The lady next door, was woken early hours of the morning when she heard noises and when she got to the window? Two guys with cutters and a hammer were trying to cut threw her window or burglar guards and when she confronted them, they looked at her like, "fuck you gonna do?" Thankfully, there was a male in the house, whom she called and that was the only time they left!

Now my question is, who wakes up in the morning and says to themselves, "Wow! What a stunning day today is? I think I'm going to pack up my power tools and terrorize someone in their home!" I don't. Millions of people I know, don't! Well I don't actually know millions of people. Don't be technical. This is really not the time. I'm on diet, I'm scared, plus that spinach I had to eat earlier made me very angry.

So now that everyone is aware of my mental state, back to the subject at hand. I have an opinion, which IS? If you can plan CRAP like this? Why not plan to pack your credentials on a page and go out and look for a job!?!? Thing is this though, our caliber of thieves? Premium! They could get a job in no time. They're intelligent, innovative, perceptive, think out of the box, know how to operate heavy machinery or pull off heavy jobs with light machinery, can easily hack into sophisticated security, plus they have since found a better use for discarded CD's...just, brilliant beyond compare!

I've been contemplating this for a few days now but hearing what has happened just a few steps from my own front door has made me realize something. I have to cut back on my blogging. Not stop altogether, but daily blogging? Nope! You're looking at this post like, "So what you're saying is? Less blogging is gonna stop the boogiemans from coming?" No. If the police can't, less blogging won't either but this is the situation. I am a single mother with all the duties that a two-parent household has. There is never a time when I am sitting and just writing for hours on end. I write when I have a gap in my day, like when I'm on my way to work, before I leave for work, before I go to bed, at babyshowers, while I'm bathing, etc. It's what you could call, stolen time, MY stolen time. Time that I have every right to steal. From myself! Because it's mine. But I now see that it's time that I really have to make, count. If not for me, but for the two people in my life that depend on me and will always look to me to have things together and in some kind of working order.

The truth is that I've slacked off on my novel and it keeps giving me the evil eye! I like to be liked. It bothers me when ill-feelings are directed at me. And knowing that I'm not in good books with my...book? I can't take it! And when I hear things like this, it means that I've gotta make a better effort. Since I have set up my blog, my second book has started collecting dust, not more words on more pages. But because my book is not as talented as our criminals are, it hasn't yet come up with a way of writing itself. Which sucks because it would have made life a lot easier and I could have continued having the fun I've been having with my daily blogs.

But more importantly, each one of us are where we are because that's as far as our pockets will take us. That's just how it is. If I don't work harder to pave the way for a better life for my kids, nobody else will and they'll be stuck right here in this very place, at the mercy of people who place no value on anything. Be it your possessions or your life! And worse? Here? It's been made far too easy for people like that to thrive. I'm well aware that money can't buy security, but it can buy you choices. And if I've given them nothing up to now? I need to give them at least that. I'm not sitting here saying that my books will be overnight successes? Neither am I saying that they won't. But I'm holding onto the faith that they won't be written in vain and just like the lotto, you'll never win if you don't enter! I don't wanna leave them knowing that I didn't try. Afterall, I wanna enjoy heaven. I love singing and dancing so I don't wanna miss out on any of that 'cause I'm crouched in a corner, holding my cheeks and distorting my face, guilt ridden about..."I was too damn busy blogging! Now, I've left them stuck in that awful place without the choice to leave or stay!"

My blog will definitely not go a week without a post or mayyyyybe two, but I just need to invest some of that time in The Switch now. There are six months left of this year, and by December, if I'm lucky, I can have it done and then I can come back to Ramble Responsibly on a full time basis! Wish me luck...!
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

No comments:

Post a Comment