Thursday 28 June 2012

Scientific Fact? Or Thought?


This can’t be right!  I’ve just read that your eyes stay the same size as at birth but your nose and ears keep growing.  My first reaction was, “Even Mr. Bean?”  Have you seen the size of Mr. Beans eyes?  Visualize with me.  Please?  As scary as that might be!  I really can’t handle this vision on my own.  See in your mind's eye as I see in mine…those sized eyes on a little baby’s face?  Are you seeing too, the fact that peek-a-boo must have been a verrrrrrrry different game in that household!?  Sheeeeeeesh! 

I have a teeeeeeeeeny tiny request.  In the name of science.  For real.  For science.  Not my personal amusement.  I’m not even snickering.  Heh-heh-heh!  If someone has a newborn baby, please could you just….measure their eyes for me.  And then be so kind as to record it.  Even annually, is okay.  I don’t want it to become a menial task, like, “So tired of this routine.  I have to cook, clean, measure his eyes, do homework, make sure he gets to sleep on time.  Everrrry night is the same thing!”  I wouldn’t do that to you.  Once a year will be more than enough.  Continue until your baby is twenty one years old.  I, for one, need to know whether there is any truth in this statement.  We can’t believe everything we see.  Only Mr. Bean can.  ‘Cause…he has width in his vision.  He gets to see the bigger picture!  From birth, apparently!

It’s a glorious day out and I’m stuck in here with sore gums.  As you can imagine, it’s causing rather contrasting feelings.  Deeeeep within me.  If you were my large intestines, you would be able to feel my feelings.  Being a Libra, I’m very uncomfortable with having to feel two things at once, and then forced to decide which one I’m going to go with.  Decisions are not entertaining for Librans.  It makes us feel like we have a choice to make.

Like right now, I have my scale out.  Weighing the fact that I’m happy to see the sun.  I’m like, wavvvve, “Hey, sun!  Happy to see you!”  We’ve made our peace since the whole melting chocolate saga but my gums?  Babies are soooh fortunate.  They get their gums massaged and teejel and all of that.  Unless they get E.Coli from their parents not washing their hands first.  Then they’re not so fortunate.  But me?  I have to make a decision between happiness and pain.    

I did this to myself but.  I’m to blame one hundred percent.  I thought I was clever and now?  I’m paying through my gums for it!   Hey, do you remember that sarcastic joke?  Hmmmmmm?  I don’t really know if it can be termed a joke or a sarcastic ?  A sarcastic?  Woahhhhh!  I just went completely blank……………………………………………………….

Sohhhhhh?  This is what a clean page feels like?  Just, empty and white.  In my case, just, empty and Coloured!  If I had to introduce myself right now, it would not be at all flattering, “Hi, I’m Stacey.  I’m an empty Coloured with aching gums!”

When we were kids, we couldn’t wait for someone to say they thought something and the result of that thought was just a complete mess!  The first thing out of our mouths was,  “You know what thought did?  He planted a feather and thought a chicken would grow!”   Yesterday?  She bought murku and thought her gums wouldn’t hurt!

Ouch… 

No comments:

Post a Comment